The Clinical Dietitian is responsible for providing basic nutrition assessments and care planning for patients. The Clinical Dietitian implements business practices in order to uphold Midland Memorial Hospital’s mission and core values and contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of nutrition services.
SHIFT AND SCHEDULE
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Conducts nutrition assessments for patients at high, moderate, and low risk, and patients requiring artificial nutrition support.
· Implementation and monitoring of Medical Nutrition Therapy interventions.
· Patient education regarding therapeutic diets and home nutrition support regimens.
· Attends and participates in all interdisciplinary meetings as scheduled.
· Aids in ensuring patient satisfaction levels are met at all times.
· Follows all HIPAA policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Nutrition or related field.
· Must be credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration or registration eligible (must show proof of completion of internship)
· Must be licensed in the State of Texas or able to obtain licensure within one year of date of hire
· No experience required. Prefer 1-2 years of hospital experience.